How does Nya spend her time?
- What is happening around Salva as he runs from school?
- What three questions occupy Salva’s thoughts?
- Using text details, describe the rebels and how their appearance and actions affect the people.
- Does Salva consider himself a man? How do we know? Do the rebels consider him a man? How do we know?
- Why does the group leave the rebels? Why do they leave Salva in the barn the next morning?
- Imagine how Salva is feeling at the end of the chapter. Where is he physically and emotionally?